Thursday, June 5, 2008

5th June Katherine - Julie


We spent last night in Sunnyvale Homestead caravan park (very secluded and peaceful) in Katherine. I had an anxious night expected thousands of cane toads to invade us. (The stories that we hear on the road). However they didnt show up thank god. But while we were having our morning tea one of Syllus's cousins paid us a visit. His name was Arthur the King Brown that slithered under Brian's chair. I didnt know white men could jump so high! We were very lucky as the dogs were only 2 meters away. Anyway the park keeper came and rescued us! We asked him how many snakes are around here. "This is the only one I have seen since I have been here" how long have you lived here? we asked. "oh 4 weeks now"
Ivanhoe Crossing Kununurra. We saw a real croc sunning on a rock on the other side.



Looks like two crocodiles!








Look how old the pilots were. Straight out of high school I reckon.




We all enjoyed our stay in Kununarra. Its a beautiful area with an abundance of water, spectacular ranges and miles and miles of farming.

It was a trip down memory lane for Brian who had stayed at his Uncle Arthur's farm when he was sixteen in the early 70's.

Keith and I loved the joy flight over the township, Lake Argyle, cattle stations, the diamond mine to the Bungles and back again. The scenery was spectacular. The two hour filght was a little bumby in parts and just 10 munites to long for me. I ended up as green as my t shirt!









1 comment:

Paul B said...

Hi Nomads,

Looks like you are having a fantastic trip.

You might like to have a look at this in your spare time

http://www.pbase.com/pbphotoswa/080419naf


Cheers

Paul.